Thursday, July 8, 2010

I don't want to talk about it...

Last night was our first game in two weeks and it showed. I apologize for keeping this so short in advance, but I am getting angry hashing this back up.

Having to put Marcus in goal to start, we needed to come out strong and play end to end. That didn't happen and, in what seemed like a matter of minutes, we were down 5-0. Unbelievable. This was a team that we had beaten more times than not and they were wiping the floor with us.

After getting a couple of goals at the end of the half, we were looking at a 6-2 halftime deficit. Our real keeper had shown up halfway through the first but it hadn't made a ton of difference. We were playing lazy and little to no defense. The second half was a bit better, but not by much.

We started out strong and may have even closed the lead even more, but our lazy defense got the best of us and each time we scored to close the gap, we let in a soft goal to open it right back up. My temper almost took over with just a couple minutes remaining but I was somehow able to keep my cool. The game ended 9-5 but it felt much worse. We got embarrassed and need to turn it around as we are about to face the strongest teams in the league.

As I said last night, hopefully this is just our once-a-season game that gets the other teams to underestimate us...

1 comment: