Thursday, April 8, 2010

Introducing Black Glove, Red Boots: A Softball Player

For the sake of getting this blog off the ground, I am asking the different GBC contributors to publish something right off the bat. By doing so, all of our loyal readers will know what to expect of the GBC in the coming years. Please get to know my brother Graham a.k.a. Black Glove, Red Boots...

Some call me a legend, most call me an average player. I am the older brother of the Golden Boot Bomber. I retired from "futbol" a couple years back to become a Professional Recreational Softball player. I currently play for Dip It & Grip It, a below-average co-ed softball team. In this current position, I play manager and shortstop while leading the team in at-bats. My men's team , Bada Bing, is currently 4-1. On that team I rarely play right field/ second base. I bat about ninth in the lineup with a fairly good amount of singles and pop-ups. Yesterday though, against a team sponsered by Atmos Energy, I had my second career inside the park homerun. While my ultimate goal is to hit a homerun over the right field wall, I'll take the ones of the inside the park variety. Of the two inside the park homeruns, both should of been singles but the outfielders miss played the balls. I normally wouldn't tell people this pivotal information, but I want my readers to trust me. Here at the Goldenbootchronicles we aim to be honest and professional at all times. I look forward to sharing my softball stories with you from week to week. Hopefully we'll be watching the weather together on Monday/Tuesday evenings.

Sincerely,

Black Glove, Red Boots

1 comment: